This mask is non-surgical, non-medical grade. It was created specifically for this meeting to provide you with a denim mask you can easily hand-sew and look awesome in! Denim is a thick fabric with a tight weave, which makes it one of the best home-fabrics for home-made masks. It will give you and others more protection than a simple face cover such as a bandana or foulard. Also more protection than many masks currently being sold at several chain-stores. Please do not use this pattern with any other fabric but medium-heavy weight denim, as any light fabric will provide no protection to yourself or those you interact with. The single-layered denim mask can become even more protective by adding a filter pocket and wire nose bridge. For this reason, at the end of the meeting I will instruct you also on how to create a filter pocket in case you want to dare a more complex endeavor :-) Alternatively, you can take a look at our masks here.
For more information about the efficiency of masks, see our MASKS FAQ
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Fabric: you can either use your jeans or purchase an 11" x 6" rectangle of medium-heavy denim fabric at a fabric store
- 2 elastics 7" long and 0.25" large, or equivalent hair-bands
- Very sharp scissors to cut 2 layers of denim. Your paper scissors probably won't do it. Try your kitchen scissors or garden scissors. Of course, fabric scissors are perfect
- Needle & thimble
- Thread of the color of your choice
BEFORE THE MEETING
- Choose which one of the patterns below is right for you.
- Print the page with the chosen pattern
- Cut the pattern
|I'm using my jeans||I have a piece of fabric 11" x 6 "|
|Click here to download pattern||Click here to download pattern|